"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Countdown to Christmas!

Today is December 1st & time to start the countdown to Christmas for the advent matchbox swap held by Linda @ A Swap for all Seasons. Linda is a wonderful swap hostess & if you've been on the fence about joining a swap, I encourage you to sign up for her next one...she ensures that everybody gets a swap, so no risk. Plus she sent a goodie bag...can't beat that!

This advent matchbox swap was sooo much fun...loved it! Here's my mini-aluminum tree, all decked out w/ the matchboxes.

This is the #1 box ....crafted by Sherry Edwards @ Sherry's Simple Blog . Isn't it lovely? LOVE the postage stamp stamp!


Inside is an altered domino...very pretty!


I've already shared the boxes I made w/ y'all but not the contents (I didn't want to ruin the surprise for any swappers who read my blog). But this is what was inside the #1 box I sent....an old rusty key, dolled up w/ a bit of bling. Wonder who got it?


I'm gonna do my best to actually make this an advent blog swap & post each day about that day's matchbox...I'm gonna do my posts 5 @ a time & schedule them so they'll be ready whether I am or not. ;)

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here...I'm almost done! Did have a minor blip when I unpacked my beloved flocked tree though. The lid for the top half of the tree had developed a crack & there must be a leak in our shed, cause the bin was inches deep in water & my beautiful, flocked tree was all rusty & deflocked! :( I tried to go w/ the flow but that flocking really showcases my collection of vintage ornaments...where in the heck was I gonna find another? Hobby Lobby didn't have one, neither did Target, Big Lots, Michael's or Target. It wouldn't have been a huge deal except I have been wanting bubble lights on it for years...it was the only thing my tree lacked. And I had just scored 6 sets that morning at teh flea! Live trees are out of the question with the allergy problems some of the grands have. I thought I was gonna have to pay $200 for an unflocked tree that I hated. But I convinced hubby to persevere & we drove to Garden Ridge. SCORE!!!! Couple of hours spent looking & a couple hundred dollars spent but I have my beautiful, beautiful flocked tree, dripping w/ thousands of vintage ornaments & complete w/ bubble lights. You'll have to come back & see it...I'll be sharing it in a couple of days.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!

11 comments:

Sherry said...

Hi Cami,

I'm glad you liked my matchbox, like you, I was wondering who received it so thanks for letting me know. I have received two of yours and will be revealing them on my blog on days 8 and 19! They are both wonderful, thank you xx

It's such fun isn't it!!

Erica said...

Hi Cami! What a coincidence that you're doing this swap, too! (And Karla's tag book!) I did the Jolie Halloween bag swap last year and skipped the Christmas swap. We need to stop running into each other like this :)
Anyway, your matchboxes look beautiful! I can't wait to see photos of your tree - it sounds stunning!
I hope to see you again "in real life" sometime soon!
~Erica

Erica said...

PS - your new baby is ADORABLE!!!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I can't wait to see that tree!!!

JoAnne said...

Hi Cami,
Happy Holidays! I started my Countdown with your box! Thanks so much-I love it!
xoJoAnne

marie said...

What a great matchbox you received and I love your tree display. It looks so beautiful!

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

lovely ... and what fun ! I am having a great time admiring all the boxes and opening them one by one.
(())

The Old Parsonage said...

You just gave me a great idea. I'm tucking a feather tree in my Santa boot too.

Have fun with the swap!
Leann

Linda said...

Cami, what a great matchbox and the domino is lovely! Thanks for sharing!

Charlene said...

I've been wanting a flocked tree but, was afraid of what the Texas heat would do to the flocking in storage. GLAD you got your new tree!!! Can't wait to see it. HUGS!
Charlene

FredaB said...

Like you said Cami this sure is fun.
You both received and sent very nice ones as I am sure they will all be.

It is exciting. I can't wait to see your flocked tree in all its glory. If it gives you that much pleasure it i worth the money is the way I look at it. Save on something else.

Hugs

FredaB