"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Tuesday, March 18, 2008

St Patrick's day dinner

I was pretty happy w/ my St Paddy's day table this year...although it did not come easily. I probably fussed w/ it for a couple of hours. I don't know what it is about St Paddy's tables that gives me such a hard time. Last year's table was downright embarrassing. If I had seen a picture of it on the web, I would have thought "well bless her heart...she's trying!" LOL

I always consider a table a success when it is one that would go in my inspiration file if it weren't one of my own. And I think this one would. I really wanted to shake up the green theme & bring out the blue in the irish coffee mugs but I also wanted to use this pashmina shawl as a runner & I couldn't get blue accents to work w/ it. Now that I've done the shawl, maybe I'll do green w/ touches of blue, next year.

If you click on the pictures they will enlarge for you


On the menu was a dish we for St Paddy's day the year before last. It's Trout With Cream & Honey Sauce (only I used tilapia instead of trout). Simple yet good! I don't know where I got this recipe...it's one that has been saved on my puter for a while. Excuse the imprecise measurements...I just guest-estimate when I make it. We also had Potato Collops, which is basically just an Irish name for scalloped potatoes.

Trout With Cream & Honey Sauce

1 ts honey
1 butter
1 whole almonds, skinned
4 ts fresh heavy cream
1 ts lemon juice
1 trout
1 flour (seasoned to taste)
1 milk (to soak trout in)


Chop the almonds finely. Prepare the fish, wash and dry and thensoak in milk for 5-10 minutes. Toss in seasoned four. Melt half thebutter in the frying pan, and fry the fish for 5-7 minutes on eachside. Make the sauce by melting the rest of the butter, adding thechopped almonds. Saute for a few minutes. Then add the honey andlemon juice; bring carefully to simmering point, and add the creamlast, making sure the temperature is fairly low so it won't curdle.Pour over the fried fish, and serve garnished with lemon.

Irish Coffee...yummmm!


Thsi is Irish Bananas over angel food cake. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Irish-Bananas/Detail.aspx?pos=1



As Alton would say..."those are good eats!"

1 comment:

Shelby said...

Vinty, my friend Phyllis who hosts the CFY and EFY weekends would LOVE to have you setting our tablescapes for our weekends. You do an amazing job!