"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Tuesday, April 29, 2008

More great buys!

Again, I didn't spend more than $20. I love the ironstone dish w/ the two birds on the lid but I didn't get an individual pic of it.

The mirror is just cheap plastic but you'd never know it by looking at it & it was only $5. It'll look great painted white...maybe gold but probably white.

An old tin I had to have because I have other pieces that match, a glass jar (can never have too many of those!), a vintage horse print (for Caeden's room...he's a cowboy don'tcha know ;o) ) & a Pampered Chef pizza stone w/ wicker server ( $3.00!).
A 3 port candleholder (although I'm seeing it as a vase to hold tiny bouquets), it did have an ugly silk flower thing wired on it but I took it off immediately & 3 picture frames that I'll fill w/ some quotes I have printed off.

The kitty is a very old piece from Occupied Japan. The lid has been broken & then glued back together but it was only 50 cents so what the heck. Some cat lover will want it! Then we have a heart rubber stamp set, raffia ribbon & *drum roll* ......a porcelain doll head! I've been wanting one to use in vignettes but this one is complete w/ instructions, hands, feet & cloth body parts so I have to assemble it & give it to Caralyn as an heirloom doll... I just must!
Love the wire baskets although I don't know what I am going to put in them ... any ideas?


I'm excited about the dessert carnival tomorrow!

3 comments:

What a Dish! said...

Love the finds, and I would probably just be boring and put magazines in one of the wire baskets! Lol! Just because I really need a place for my magazines right now so I immediately thought of that. ;)

Shelby said...

Vinty, I would love to go shopping with you! What amazing things you find. I think white on the mirror over gold... :)

The Queen of Fifty Cents said...

Fabbo finds! I might line those wire baskets with moss and plant in them (but then I will plant in anything that holds still long enough for me to sling some dirt in) or pile them full of glass balls at Christmas, or maybe small wooden toys...

BTW, thanks for letting me know the pictures had disappeared from my last blog post. Don't know what the deal was, but I've put them back again. Hope they behave themselves this time!