"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Finally...a Paper Cowgirl post!

I can't believe I've been home from Paper Cowgirl for 2 weeks & haven't posted about it yet. But talk about fun, fun, fun! LOVED the cowgirl prom ...it was soo fun to see everybody in all their finery. I didn't get but a couple of pictures @ the retreat though. Don't know why...guess I just didn't feel like lugging my camera around everywhere. Sure am regretting it now though cause I only have my projects & vendor night goodies to share. :(

First up is my project from Sandra Feazel's rose painting class. I strayed from her class example by using another color palette & adding a bit of text though. I LOVED this class & I'm setting aside some time next week to practice painting my roses. I am determined to use more "art" in my artwork.

Second class was Lisa Pace's shadowbox class. I copied her class example almost exactly. This looks a LOT cuter in person!



My 3rd & final class was Karla Nathan's dress form class. Talk about fun! It was so much fun that her students bought up all the kits she brought for vendor night. We couldn't wait to make more! I adorned mine w/ fairy wings & a banner w/ "beautiful fairy" written in French. She has an online tut available here ....so you can make one too!

I am so glad that I signed up for the charm swap...there are so many wonderful charms! And I jingle-jangle the whole time I wear it. Like I'm not loud enough already!!! LOL My altered cigar box partner, Bonnie, is having some health issues & was unable to attend Paper Cowgirl. :( Please keep her in your prayers!



Vendor night shopping @ Paper Cowgirl is incredible.....INCREDIBLE! You wouldn't belive all the vintage goodies & mixed media art supplies...& all @ great prices! Look @ my score!


Box of chandelier crystals...all w/ flat backs so I can add pictures to them. 25 cents a piece from Jamie's booth....


Bronze painted baby shoes (they're not actually bronzed just painted to appear to be so...gotta love the thrifty creativeness!), old picture mats, tiny Snow White & Bambi playing cards.....


A wonderful ledger book (nearly all the pages have writing on it...it's grom a general store in the late 1800's), aged doorknobs, & optical lenses....


A vintage needlework catalog w/ wonderful graphics.....



Crepe paper ruffles & bits of bling.....


I got several rolls of vintage wallpaper...it's all very old & brittle. Rusty keys, old cabinet cards, a glittery bowl....


A French letter from 1792...wayyy cool!



A beautifully painted leather cuff by Sandra Feazel.



And a little handmade journal by Karla Nathan. LOVE it...it's so pretty inside that I don't know that I'll be able to cover it up w/ anything.


I'm kinda sad that it is over. There probably won't be any more art retreats for me until A Wicked Tea in October. I'm keeping the grands nearly every day this summer; so that I can get as much time w/ them while they are out of school, as I can. But we have been having crafting days & ethy're fun too...I'll share pics soon.

Stay cool...we've had the hottest June in 30 years!!!

4 comments:

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Looks like a lot of fun there. Your creations look beautiful and lots of future crafting too. Enjoy the grands!

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com said...

How did I miss the vintage wallpaper & those crystals at the vendor night??? It was awesome! I loved my classes too and I am glad I got to meet you! Can't wait till next year!

Laurie said...

Oh, how wonderful! Cami -- I adore all the things you created in your classes! Especially that little box display thing, OMG, that project is something I would love love love to make myself! You got some GREAT supplies, too, I'm so jealous!

Cindy said...

You got some great goodies. wish I'd seen that old book before you did! :) And LOVED the charm swap that y'all did...how cool was that. I'm always so impressed by the talented gals that we have. Wicked Tea is gonna be over the top cool this year. I'll look forward to seeing you then. :)

c