"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Long time, no see!

Hi y'all....gosh it's been awhile since my last blog, hasn't it? I've really missed you guys but the holiday season completely overwhelmed me this year. I never could get a handle on it...the time just slipped through my fingers. It started off w/ hubby's grandmother becoming ill right before Thanksgiving. We made a couple of trips trips to Amarillo to visit w/ her & then sadly, one last one to attend her funeral. That put me so far behind that I spent the next 6 weeks trying to play catch-up. Since my last blog, I've made my annual trip to Salado w/ mom, made multiple trips to Amarillo, hosted Thanksgiving & fought off that nasty bug that is going around (twice!)...then you squeeze in decorating, shopping, baking, 3 birthday parties (mine & 2 of my children's are Christmas week), 2 family Christmas get-togethers & New Year's into the week before & after Christmas & that makes for a busy, busy girl.

I did manage to do all the usual decorating, crafting & baking but couldn't squeeze in the time to blog about it. Sorry! I should have taken the time to blog about the artwork I received from teh art exchange though & I apologize for not doing so. But better late than never, right? ;o)

I recieved thsi lovely etched Santa portrait from a friend of Leann's @ The Old Parsonage . I don't think Linda has a blog as she sent no blog addy but doesn't she do great work? It looks so cute w/ my Santa mug collection....thanks Linda!

Thi adorable ornament came from a friend of Cindy @ Yapping Cat Studio...love it! Thanks Mary!

And although Cindy wasn't supposed to send a gift to my name on teh list, she generously did so anyway. LOVE this tag...it's wicked cool. Thanks Cindy!



I have a few pics of Christmas around my house that I simply must share so I'll do a mini-tour tomorrow but I know y'all are sick of Christmas so I'll keep it to a minimum. Promise. Hope everyone had a blessed Christmas & a wonderful new year!

9 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Hi, Cami! Long time no see is right! I thought we were going to have to send Search & Rescuse to find you. Glad you reported in.

I'm so sorry about the death in your family. That is never easy to lose one you love, particularly near the holidays, and I don't care how old a person is. Doesn't matter. It's still a loss and a grief. Hope all will get better with each day's passing for those who mourn.

Love your sweet prizes... that frame is ADORABLE with its bright striped ribbon. I wonder if I could do that??? I'm crazy about Christmas frames.

Glad you're back. I look forward to seeing your holiday decor...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Jenny said...

Hi Cami, so nice to read you again! I'm sorry for your loss. Hope your mind is now filled with happy memories instead of sorrow. What awesome prizes! Love them all! Happy New Year!

Inspired-Simplicity said...

Cami,
So sorry for you family's loss.
I have been worried about you. Glad to see your back. I will look forward to your future blogs.
Love,
Carolyn~xo

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Hello Cami, glad to see you up and running again...I'm so sorry to hear about the grandma...Happy Belated Birthday to you girl...can't wait to see all the fun things you been up to....Many blessings this coming year my friend...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Melissa Miller said...

Hello Cami,
So glad you are back! I hope your Christmas and New Years celebrations were blessed.

What a beautiful frame and precious ornament. ~Adorable!

Have a great week. ~Melissa :)

Melissa Miller said...

So sorry about your Grandma...
My prayers are with you.

Karen said...

Cami! Welcome back! I am glad to know all is well, although am sorry about losing Gramma.
The Holidays can just get that way sometimes. This was the first year I didn't send out cards! But I made time to blog! Hmmmm . . I wonder if my priorities are messed up?
Anyhow - glad to see you back!
Happy New Year!
Hugs! Karen

Tardevil said...

Glad you're back. So sorry about your husband's grandmother. My Christmas sounded about like yours. I just posted a Christmas post too. Better late than never, right? Can't wait to see your Santa mug collection. I collect them too!

Katy ~ said...

Good to see you! Whew! It has been a whirlwind for you. I haven't had nearly as much to do and I still feel as if it went by way too fast.