"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My swap package to my Joli Paquet partner

I had such fun w/ this, my first swap! I enjoyed creating & sharing & of course I loved opening my own goodies. My swap partner for the Joli Paquet swap was Michelle @ Gingham World. The premise of the swap was to make an adult "treat" bag & fill it full of treats.

I'm really embarassed that I had to flake out a bit on the tote. I had issues w/ the tote I was making her, ruined it & had to go buy this vinyl, store-bought tote in order to meet the mailing deadline. I tried to make up for it w/ the treats & I hope that I was successful!

I sent her one of my Boo'tiful girls, (dressed in gingham, of course!), one of my altered spoons, the shadow box I made, Halloween candles & the tote full of treats.



I filled the tote w/ lots of crafting supplies....vintage flashcards, glittered skulls, spooky images, bingo cards.....



Family stamp, glittered black birds, orange gingham napkins, a pearl letter M, black bottle brush trees, chocolates, ME cocoa mix....


a cardboard house (wait until you see what I did w/ mine!) & containers full of candies & bouncy eyeballs & spiders. I wanted to share some of my crafting supplies as I always buy in abundance.


I shouldn't even show y'all this but this is the tote I was making for her. It would have been darling if everything had gone according to plan. I would have attached a big black & white gingham bow w/ vintage rhinestone button & it would have been so chic. (Not as nice as the beautiful, pieced tote that Michelle made by hand for me but still chic).

I know what you're thinking..."well that doesn't look too bad!"
Yes it does! Just look how messy the iron-on letters were. Why didn't I stencil instead? As embarassed as I am about the vinyl store-bought tote I sent out, I would have been mortified if I had sent this one. Especially once I received the beautiful one she sent me. ;o) I'll just have to chalk this one up to experience!


You can see my goodies I received from Michelle, here in this post. I really enjoyed this swap & hope my partner had as much fun as I did!

17 comments:

Janet Happy Girl said...

Aren't swaps fun? I just did my first crochet swap this month also. You can see my swap on my site and the one I made on One Yarn After Another. Your swap partner is going to be thrilled and if you are like me you love giving. Please post the one you receive when you get it.

Anonymous said...

I would love to do a swap! Being relatively new to this whole blogging thing I don't know how to go about joining one or starting one? Could someone help me?

Also just wanted to say I can't wait to see what you receive and I would have loved to have been the recipient of the goody bag you sent :D
xx

Tia said...

Fun fun goodies! Ok, now when do we see the cardboard house you made? I was eyeballing some at Michaels the other day, but I put them back... wasn't sure what to do with them.

Katy ~ said...

Nice swap! I would have been mad at that lettering as well!

Jenny said...

Holy moly. You are one super-talented girl and I think your swap partner will swoon with delight when she opens this amazing collection of cool stuff. Lucky her...and lucky you to be able to make all these neat-o things!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Those swaps look like a blast, Cami. This is what blogging should be about. Really having fun together. Kudos!

XO,

Sheila

Pam said...

Have just found your blog through Janet Happy Girl. What a great one you have here. Full of altered art and mixed media. Just the sort of thing I love and try to make myself. Thanks so much for all your sharing too. :^)

escapade said...

What a lovely idea! I'm sure all your goodies will have her set for a spooky halloween :)

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Oh your items for the swap is so cute. I have a question. I am in love with your dressed skeleton. Where do you find the little skeletons. I have been looking but only find big huge ones....

Charlene said...

How adorable is all of that!!!! And I saw that little girl the night you made her...how could you part with her? She was divine! But, she went to a good home. You were very generous & you items showed you put a lot of thought into them. Good Job! Talk to ya soon.~ Charlene

Joanna {sweet finds} said...

it happens... crafting accidents/ running behind on deadlines. I say...No worries! It's suppose to be fun, not stressful.

Anyhoo, I think you did well for your first swap. You included a lot of fun goodies. :)

Thanks for coming out to support us at the flea. It's always fun seeing you! Maybe we can set up a "flea" date soon... Canton, Cattle Barn. Something. hugs, Joanna

Lisa said...

Cami,
I love it all, you did good girl. I would love to do a swap, I'm embarrased to say I don't know how to get involved in one. It always looks like a lot of fun. Your things always are so great, I know anyone on the recieving end would be thrilled. Lisa

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

This look like such a fun swap! I think your swap partner will be thrilled with what you've sent her!

Manuela

Dogwood said...

Wow~sweet stuff. I have not done a swap yet but want to real soon. I am relativly new at blogging. Loving it.

You have a nice blog. I love you banner!

Have a nice evening.

Little Pink Studio said...

You sent lots of great goodies! I love the little shadow box you made, that's just darling.
I'm sure your partner was thrilled!
Cerri xo

Jeanne said...

Michelle must be over the moon with these swap goodies you sent out to her. Love all that vintage ephemera you included!
Happy Halloween!
xo
jeanne

Anonymous said...

Bravo, your phrase simply excellent