"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Thursday, March 31, 2011

Want a creative, beautiful gift card holder?

Make one out of a toilet paper tube. ;) I saw these little "pouches" in one of the Somersets & knew they'd be great gift card holders. And they are! The cards fit just perfect in them. Just flatten the cardboard tubes, glue the bottom shut, paint & decorate. I gave them a light coat of beeswax before decorating & it realllllllly took them to a higher level. Made them look much more professional! (Don't be afraid of the beeeswax...it's super-easy!) I slipped the gift cards inside & then tucked a piece of tulle in also. One daughter loves pink so this one is her's.....

And my other daughter (Clifton's wife) loves blue so this one was for her. I used a cream chalk to tint the decorative paper blue.

I was very blessed in having the one daughter & then God blessed me again with Stacie. I couldn't love her more if I had given birth to her myself. And I'm pretty sure she feels the same about me as she calls me Mother. She & I are spending some girl time together this weekend & I'm really looking forward to it.

I've been spiffing up the Enchanted Tea Cottage & it occured to me that I never shared the make-over w/ y'all. So I'll be sure & get pictures tomorrow morning when the light is good.


Update...I didn't feel right not giving credit to the artist responsible for the toilet tube pouches idea so I went through my Somersets to find out who the artist is...it's Becky Shander. She does some amazing stuff!

13 comments:

The Old Parsonage said...

How great to have not one but two daughters to call your own (DIL's count too).

I have 2 daughter's in love and think that one day they'll be calling me Mum too;)Fingers crossed that these are THE ones!

Leann

Karin said...

I love it....

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, that is realy cute, Cami! Love this!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Anne Lorys said...

What a great idea, those turned out beautifully!

To answer your question, I won't be making it to making Paper Cowgirl this year, it's just too crazy on this end. That, and we've had tons of unexpected expenses.

I'll miss you girls tho, have fun!

Hugs,
Anne

FILIGREE MOON said...

So very pretty! Have a great time this weekend! ~ Angela

mirandachiop said...

This fantastic! I will now demand one of these if anyone ever gives me a gift card..lol To receive a gift card any other way just ain't civilized!

Brenda Pruitt said...

This is beautiful! Really beautiful!
Brenda

Auntie Cake said...

A beautiful way to give a gift card! And not to mention, a very dignified way to give new life to a tp tube!

Hope you had a wonderful weekend!
Kate

Laurie said...

Nice...do you have a tutorial you can suggest online on how to use beeswax. Because, I *am* afraid!!

Unknown said...

This is GREAT! I'm sorry for your loss of your beloved cousin and dog!

Sandy xox

Buy WoW Account said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kluless said...

These turned out beautiful. I look at the Somersets regularly and must have missed this. What a great idea!

Dorthe said...

Dear Cami, how wonderful they are-your daughters love them I`m sure.
Hugs,Dorthe