"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tasty Tuesday...Roasted corn, zuchinni & basil bowtie pasta

Would you believe I found another blog party? It's Tasty Tuesday @ Balancing Beauty & Bedlam, hosted by Jen. Her's is another blog I just discovered & it is gorgeous. I just love her thrifty style & so will you!


Today I am sharing a wonderful summer dish...Roasted Corn, Zuchinni & Basil w/ Bow Tie Pasta. I know I know...it doesn't look like much (it photographs about as well as slop on a plate actually) but this dish is the essense of summer. Roasted corn, zuchinni, basil, parmesan...yummm! It is super easy too. It's a recipe by Robin Miller but I have made some modifications & that is the recipe I am sharing.




2 ears roasted corn
1 pound bowtie or spiral pasta (I use Barilla Plus)
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 medium zucchini, chopped
1/2 cup diced red onion
1 tsp dried oregano
1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
2 tbp real bacon bits
1 tbp chicken base
1/4 cup roasted garlic cloves ( I sometimes use fresh, sauteed in w/ the onion but of course I don't use a 1/4 cup if I do that)
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
1 tbp wondra flour
pamesan slivers


Directions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Wrap corn in foil and roast in preheated oven for about 1 hour. This can be done in advance on a prep day.Cook rotelle according to package directions. Drain and reserve 1 cup of the cooking water. Transfer pasta to a large bowl.

Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add corn cut from cob, zucchini and onion and saute for 3 minutes, until golden brown. Add oregano and cook 1 minute. Add broth, chicken base, bacon bits and roasted garlic and then sprinkle on flour, stirring in. Bring to a simmer & simmer 5 minutes. Pour mixture over pasta and toss to combine, adding cooking water, if necessary, to moisten pasta. Fold in basil and season, to taste, with salt and black pepper. Transfer pasta to a serving platter and top with parmesan cheese. Serves 4.

Here's the link to Jen's Tasty Tuesday post but be sure & give the rest of her blog a "look-see"...you'll be glad you did! And speaking of blog parties, Gina @ The Shabby Chic Cottage is having a Feathered Friends party tomorrow, you have just enough time to get a post ready! Show us your birds!

10 comments:

Terri Steffes said...

This sounds lovely! And, full of the things I have on hand right now!!

Stacey said...

That souns delicious and healthy! I will print this out and try it. :)

Gretchen said...

Thanks for stopping by! I'm excited about your recipe as well because I've got two zuchinnis waiting to be ingredients even now!! Thanks!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

That looks amazing!!! I love meals like that...healthy AND filling. :) Thank you so much for the visit. I have a Decorating Dilemmas Party going up tonight (around 10 ET). Would love to have you come by, even if you don't have a post to share. :)

Signing Out said...

This looks delicious, and I can use zucchini from the garden, too. :)

Jane

Katy ~ said...

You always have such delicious recipes! This sounds so good!

Salmagundi said...

What a feathered nest you have. Love all of the bird cages!! Sally

Unknown said...

Sounds so good. I will definitely be giving it a try. Come on over to Crock Pot Wednesdays and check it out. diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I hope you will come check out Crock Pot Wednesdays at diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com. Great ideas for zucchini. Thanks

business courses said...

Thanks for the recipe, my family will surely love this. We are the family who loves Italian cuisines.