"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Monday, January 19, 2009

Tablescape Tuesday


Our 25th anniversary is soon approaching (it's the 30th) so the event has been on my mind & plans are being made. We're taking the family out to Reata (it's Grady Spear's wonderful restaurant) the night of to celebrate but we'll also do a private home party, just between us that weekend, the way we always celebrate it. Some women want to be taken out to an expensive restaurant on their anniversary but I alwasy want our home time. We so enjoy hanging out in the kitchen & making the meal. We've made a lot of good anniversary memories that way. This year I get to do both!



Note sure how I want to do my table yet...I do know that I want to use a 25th anniversary apothecary jar that hubby & I bought while 'tiking this week-end. I love it & will leave it out always. Anyway, back to Tablescape Tuesday..... I thought I'd share my past anniversary tables w/ you.... I'll share one this week, one the next & then the following week, I'll share this year's table.

This table was from '07. I went w/ a pink, white & chocolate color scheme. For teh centerpiece,I used snapdragons instead of roses, added some eucalyptus & some lacy fern & put the arrangemnt in an ironstone urn. I love roses, y'all know I love roses *grins*, I just prefer another variety of flower for anniversarys & Valentine's because roses are so typically used then. I used vintage lighting globes as votives & added pink ornaments set on silver candlesticks.





(click on any picture to enlarge)




Love the vintage postcard on board. I bought it on eBay. I keep planning on making some myself but haven't followed through yet...maybe this is the year! ;o) The beads weren't as glaring as they appear...they really grab th light!



For teh placesettings I used square glass plates (from the dollar store!) on a crushed velvet brown placemat (Big Lots), pink & brown paisley napkins (Tuesday Morning), mismatched crystal goblets & an old, treasured photo of the 2 of us in a rhinestone frame. Just for fun, I added a pink-wrapped candy. I served pureed parsnip soup in the shooter (ala Top Chef) w/ rumaki alongside. Pink rose water granita was served in the sherbets & the entree was lobster ravioli w/ a vanilla beurre blanc. I lost all the photos of the food in a puter crash or I'd share them with you. This was the first meal I ever took photos of.

Wait til you see last year's table...it's soo chic & romantic! If you want to see more of my tables, just click on the label "tables" under this post & it will pop them up for you. And don't forget about my blogaversary countdown give-away...leave a comment on Friday's post to get your name in the hat.



Be sure & thank Susan @ Between Naps on the Porch for hosting this for us. She sure puts the fun into Tuesdays, doesn't she?

47 comments:

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

What a beautiful table! Very elegant!

~CC Catherine said...

Cami, A Very lovely, chic, and romantic setting! I love the delicacy of everything...I think this is so relaxing; would love to have lunch with you anyday! Come on over and see the heirloom (Grandmothers Dishes) pieces I'm using today in my tablescape! =) ~CC

Unknown said...

How sweet the little picture of both of you, what a romantic setting. mishelle

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Beautiful and romantic. I love the touches of pink. And the snapdragons. How cute to use a picture of the two of you!!

Kathleen said...

Love how you mix all your
pretty things together for a unique table...
Happy 25th to you!

Anonymous said...

So sweet and pretty! Love the postcard!
-Kim

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Oh Cami...I think it is so romantic that you stay at home for your anniversary! The meal sounds yummy and your tablescape is very elegant. Beautiful!...Debbie

The Muse said...

i see little photos... oh how memorable and romantic...
i am sure this table will be a sparkling gem!

congrats on your special day Cami...i think the table looks elegant!

Unknown said...

I like this very much...the pink balls & the post card GREAT! Love the little frame photos too!

Rattlebridge Farm said...

Elegant and romantic--I love how you set a table.

Tardevil said...

How sweet of you to cook at home each year! I like tulips instead of roses (but will take either ;O) Congrats on the upcoming 25th! That's a long time! Love the pink ornaments on the candles and the postcard! And of course...the dishes, but you probably knew that!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

A very sweet, pretty table, Cami, and very romantic, too!

XO,

Sheila :-)

tam said...

Beautiful table! Happy 25th anniversory! My hubby and I just celebrated ours this past Aug.-oh how time flies! I hope you have a wonderful time celebrating!~Smiles~Tam!

Diana LaMarre said...

What a great way to celebrate anniversaries! Neat idea to use the little pictures.

I also like the glass balls on the candlesticks. I do that a lot myself. In fact I have six of them in a candle holder on the wall right now.

You whole table is very romantic.

Alisa Lucas-Brown said...

Cami,
What a pretty, elegant and romantic table. Love the way you have used the mini photo frames and the pink balls. So creative.
Alisa

santamaker said...

Lovely tablesetting, love the pearls!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

I love your pretty blog, and your very beautiful table setting.
Cindy

Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

Very pretty table. I love the vintage postacrds, what a great addition. Happy Anniversary. Blessings, Barb

LvPoohBr2 said...

Oh so pretty!!You really have a gift for decorating!

Congratulations on your 25 years!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous.You really outdid yourself.Sooooooo romantic.You're really getting good at this.Happy Anniversary too..Ann

A Hint of Home said...

Very pretty and romantic looking.

Kathleen Ellis said...

Beautifully romantic! Love the little picture frames w/your pics.
My Prince and I almost always stay home for our anniversary, too...unless we decide to go away to our romantic place, Newport RI.
Happy Anniversary!
Have a happy week!
;-D

Belinda said...

Your table looks so elegant and romantic...perfect for an anniversary for sure! I love the colors you used, and snapdragons are one of my favorite flowers...I love the way you used them here. :-)

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

This table is so beautifully romantic! I enjoyed seeing it so much. You are just so creative, and obviously a wonderful cook (your menu sounds delicious). I hope you have a wonderful anniversary celebration again this year. laurie

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Gorgeous! Have a wonderful anniversary coming up!!

Wendy said...

Very pretty. I love all the crystal you used.

Wendy

Jenny said...

Love the pink table scape!! So pretty!

Lady Katherine said...

So romantic! Love that you got so many great items, for a song. lol Its just lovely!

Knitty said...

I keep waiting for you to do something that I don't like, but you haven't gotten around to it yet. I am going to steal your photo idea for Valentine's day. :)

Linda Q said...

Love the color scheme Cami. Can I steal that idea sometime, love the pink with chocolate etc. You always do a great job!
Linda
Congradulations too on your anniversary , early!!

Alyson's Wonderland said...

Very beautiful Vinty!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversay, Cami! Oh, what a beautiful romantic table you've set! I love the little olden postcards on easels. I may have to borrow this idea from you! lol
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Deb said...

Hi Cami! It's beautiful! I love the flowers and the little photo frame. Deb

Anonymous said...

Hi Cami!
What a fun anniversary table you set. I love the shooter idea for the soup. Love the pink, white and chocolate colors! Looking forward to seeing this years and last years tables!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Just beautiful Cami...hope you 2 have a romantic evening together...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

JudyBug said...

You are so very creative! I love how you pull together all your bargains and create a stunning table.

Love the idea of "banana dogs" for the grands. I NEED a grand!

Salmagundi said...

I love pink and brown together. Your table is very special. Happy Anniversary - enjoy your week. Sally

Anonymous said...

Lovel, sooo romantic, sigh.... You are an inspiration! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Cami, I've got three pics on the forum that I would really like your comments on... I love all your special "stuff", but here I sit trying to "downsize" Especially love your stairway wall and your churbs... Kathye

On The Wings Of Love said...

wow, these tablescapes are gorgeous !

You really have the touch!

Bre
http://chantillygrace.blogspot.com/

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

What a beautiful vintage tablescape. Thanks for taking the time to swing by for a visit, it means the world. hugs ~lynne~

Unknown said...

Very pretty table. Very romantic.

Queenie's Vintage Finds said...

Beautiful Tablescape...I just have to tell you...that last year I almost purchased a post card plaque just like yours from ebay ...but, I got the roses one instead...it was a hard decision making up my mind on which one to choose...she had so many pretty ones. I love how you used yours in your tablescape. Beautiful Rose Wednesday post too...such pretty roses and scripture...

Maryrose said...

Lovely table. You have a very lucky man.

Miss Janice said...

What a pretty tablescape...romantic and feminine. I like the special touches...the pearls and the photo!

Jewel Sauls said...

Love your table - can't wait to see more!!!

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Cami...romantic, beautiful and elegant! I love snapdragons! Congrats on the approaching #25!
:-) Can't wait to see more! Susan