"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Tuesday, May 20, 2008

garage sale finds

Remember a while back when I said I hit the mother lode of garage sales? Well this was my score. Most of it anyway. I also got 5 tea cups & saucers w/ roses...they're not the best quality but they have roses on them. ;o) as well as, 5 coffee cups & saucers w/ roses...again, not the best quality china but they have roses on them. And I got a set of 6 silverplated knife rests in the shape of a cat. I'd rather have had dogs but cats are cute too.



Look at that coffee table! I just love the chippy porch post legs & the ceiling tin top. I "stole" it for $20. I'll give everything but the legs, a coat of white paint & then distress it some. The wine rack will be easy to convert to regular shelves...and it has roses on it. The towel stand was only $7.

The large candelabras were only $2.50 each! They'll be oh so shabby chic w/ a coat of white paint & some chandelier prisms. The corbels were $3 a pair & the little mini-candelabra was only a buck. I know I sound redundant but the bust will get a whitewash...the tiny mannequin is good as is but I'll probably doll it up more & maybe change the ribbon to a different color. Look at the lovely mosaic top on the wine rack! $20


We also got the grandsons, a telescope & a tabletop electronic soccer game (cause Grouchy had one just like it when he was a boy) & some misc "guy stuff" but I won't bore you w/ pictures of all that.

8 comments:

LadyJayPee said...

Wow on the mosaic topped wine rack AND the little coffee table! I love them!

Linda said...

Oh I want that coffee table!

Shelby said...

I love that wine rack!

bj said...

GREAT BALLS OF FIRE....you got some GOOOOD stuff here, sister friend. I want to go thrifting with YOU.
Will you pls.show us what you do with all this great stash??
hugs, bj

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Thanks for stopping by and telling me your experience with your dog. I'm sure you know what we are going through. Some people just don't understand. They are our babies.
I love the treasure you have found. My favorite is the coffee table. It's going to be awesome!!
Hugs, Terrie

Carrie said...

I love the coffee table!!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my bedroom post. The wallpaper actually was from a local store here and it was a clearance special for $7.99 a double roll. I don't even know who made it. I just knew that when I saw it I loved it and it was perfect for my bedroom. I too love garage sales, they can be so much fun.

Hugs,
LeAnn:)

Anonymous said...

Love your finds--what great bargains. I too love anything with roses on it. Those candle holders are great and what a price. I can see that lady bust in a tablescape after she gets painted white. Luvs