"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter brunch

Our standard Easter brunch has evolved into scones, soft-boiled eggs, fresh fruit, coffee & juice. It's elegant, simple, easy & yummy. We made a plum simple syrup for our tea for dinner (equal parts sugar & water w/ a peeled, chopped ripe plum...simmered together until the plum is squishy. Strain) & used some of the syrup on our fruit salad (strawberries, plums, pears & mini-tangerines) @ breakfast. I think it was my all-time favorite sauce for fruit. It really brought the flavors of the fruit & added a bit of sweetness w/out overpowering. I used tulle ribbon & little crocheted carrots to decorate the dining room chandelier.

For the placesettings, I use Bordallo cabbage dinner plates w/ vintage bunny plates from Sigma (they're from the 70's...I guess that qualifies as vintage nowadays). The centerpiece is a faux rabbit topiary & a faux chocolate egg, made out of paper mache.


We didn't add anything to the scones this time...we usually add dried fruit & maybe some white chocolate chips. They were great plain & not too sweet for a change. The recipe I use is from allrecipes.....http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Grandma-Johnsons-Scones/Detail.aspx The sour cream makes all the difference....they come out moist & not too crumbly.




I'm having puter issues so will post the pictures from easter dinner sometime next week.

3 comments:

Shelby said...

Vinty I am dying to know if you decorate like this all the time! What time and effort you put into making your tablescape so beautiful..

Linda said...

Vinty, I love Bordallo, and those bunny plates are to die for! What a beautiful table. I like to click on your photos so I can examine everything in detail (and covet your stuff!)

Jim said...

all the pics are of inanimate objects

I want to see u Cami