"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A couple of swap sneak peeks!

Hi y'all! I wanted to share a preview of a couple of swap packages I sent off today. I'll share lots more pictures later after they have received them. The first one was an egg carton exchange hosted by Christine @ A Work in Progess . Christine is also my swap partner for the May Day Tussie Mussie swap ...she's a very, very talented photographer. You should check out the incredible photos on her blog.

Anyway, the By The Dozen egg carton exchange was a whole lot of fun to put together & I think Christine did very well in pairing me w/ Jane from Mamie Jane's....we seem to have similiar tastes & style . Here's a little peek at the egg carton I decorated... I hope it's not too froufrou for her.



And I'm also in Cassandra's cake box swap from her Pretty Spring Things ezine. And she also did VERY well in partnering me up. Bry @ The Canary's Cupcake is my partner. She & I have already become friends & I look forward to getting to know her better. Here's a preview of the cake I sent her. Hope she's happy w/ it...I'm afraid my cake decorating skills don't compare w/ hers. :o(

Only one more swap obligation to fulfill & I'll be free to sign up for more swaps! ;o)

Hope everyone is doing well. I've had a shoulder injury for some time now that I'm finally seeing a Dr for (ultrasound, deep tissue massage, exercises ARGGGH!) but unpacking Easter decorations threw my back outta whack & I've been laid up for 3 days. It really sucks...I'm overwhelmed w/ things on my to-do list & Easter is almost upon us. Since I didn't do Valentine's I feel compelled to decorate for Easter. But I think it's much better today so I maybe I'll get something done. I could always go low-key this year.

Nahhhh...not my style. It's either all or nothing. ;o)

14 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

Hope that shoulder gets back in shape soon!!

I don't know how you keep up with all the swaps! I joined Rhae's easter basket one and another one and had the best time but my- it takes time!!

Would love to make a cake- they are adorable!

bee blessed
mary

Dorthe said...

The cake is fantastic, and the eggbox looks like it contains lots of yummy stuff, the reciever will be very happy I`m sure.
Thank`s for becoming a follower, I`m following you too.
xo Dorthe

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Thats too bad! Did your therapist give you any stretches? My son is a massage therapist and he is always good for information about what to do between massages for an injury to improve. Good luck!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

PS- I was so worried about your injury I forgot to say WOW about the cake box!!!!!! What a gorgeous photo that is.

Christine Edwards said...

Cami, your egg carton looks so good. I'm sure Jane will be thrilled. I actually threw all of the names into a bowl and drew partners...so by luck of the draw, you and Jane were paired up. It did seem like a good match-up. That cake box is phenomenal...so, so pretty. Oh, no, I think back injuries have got to be the worst since every little move has an impact on it. Get to feeling better soon!

Christine
P.S. Thanks for the sweet words about my photos (blush).

Jenny said...

Sorry about your shoulder. Wow, the stuff you are creating is totally amazing.

Charlene said...

Sorry to hear you are stil under the weather. DARN! We missed you going with us yesterday. We did some serious damage. I will do a post soon. I finished my cake box too. It turned out pretty cute. I am ready to pack it tomorrow. I have the oldest sons 3 kids coming to stay overnight so don't know how much I will get done other than playing with them. GRAND weekend this weekend. Then Saturday the other two come spend the night. We'll get this out of our system for awhile!!!! Take care of yourself & don't over do it. HUGS! Charlene

Pat @ My Tattered Elegance said...

Your cake is beautiful. Don't know how you do all those swaps. I was so sorry to hear about your shoulder. We all missed you yesterday. We will have to do it again so you can be with us. You take care of yourself.
Hugs, Pat

Leann said...

Hi Cami

Ohh what great swaps. I love the egg carton! How did you make the cake? Paper Maiche?

I was hoping to get one of your tags in my Alice Book. Weren't they just awesome? So many talented people all with their own way of thinking!!

Enjoy your weekend!
Leann

Collected Treasures...for the home, heart & soul said...

The cake and egg carton look great, and how can you be TOO fru-fru.....:) But what I am really trippin' on is that fabulous carrot pillow in the background......awesome!
xojana

Katy ~ said...

Oooooh, no fun to be in pain and yet you rise above it to do such a nice swap.

Jane said...

Hi Cami,
Thanks for the comment about the egg carton swap! I look forward to receiving it!! The sneak peek was wonderful and I'm sure I'm going to love it.
Now for my apology. You should have your carton by Monday. I had it almost finished and then came down with some lousy cold/flu bug and was down and out for the past three days. I didn't have a chance to get it mailed until today.
I'm really sorry it went out late...that's not something I like to do. Thanks for swapping with me.
Jane

Bryanna Lenan said...

Hope you are feeling better soon... I got that fab cake box today and it is AWESOME!! Thank you so much, you are wonderful swap partner! I was so lucky to have you...

xoxox
Bryanna
www.thecanaryscupcake.blogspot.com

T's Daily Treasures said...

Jane is a dear and you two were so lucky to be swap partners. Your sneak peak is lovely and I know without a doubt that what she sends to you will be fabulous. Everything you do is beautiful. Take care of that shoulder and your back. Many blessings, Tammy